Family and Caregiver Training Services Program
Under Indiana’s Medicaid Waiver program, anyone who has a Family Supports Waiver or Community Integration and Habilitation Waiver can spend up to $2,000 of their budget per year for Family and Caregiver Training.
These funds can be used to provide training and education to parents, family members or non-paid caregivers in a variety of areas. Examples include:
- How to Develop an Individual Support Plan
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- Use of Equipment
- Behavioral Intervention Strategies
- Caring for Medically Fragile Individuals
- Family Dynamics
- Stress Management
Up until now, if a family wanted to utilize this service, they had to list the specific trainings and conferences that they wanted to attend, or services they wanted to access, in their Individual Support Plan (ISP). They also had to pay out of pocket and wait to be reimbursed by the state.
The Arc of Indiana’s Family and Caregiver Training Services Program can make this process easier and more accessible. Here are the steps to take:
- Allocate a dollar amount in your Medicaid Waiver Budget, up to $2,000 a year, to be used for family and caregiver training.
- List The Arc of Indiana as a provider of Family and Caregiver Training Services.
- Contact The Arc of Indiana to learn if a training, workshop, conference, service etc. is eligible for Family and Caregiver Training.
- If the requested program or service is eligible, The Arc will pay for the upfront cost of the service, saving you the out-of-pocket expense.
For complete details, please contact Amanda Circle at 317-977-2375, 800-382-9100 or firstname.lastname@example.org